About me - Stephen Walters
My work supports people to meet their deepest desires relating to money.
In my experience, people yearn not for the lottery, but for security, protection, trust, sufficiency, choice, ease, flow, autonomy, ethics, pleasure, understanding, contribution to others, fairness, appreciation, respect, participation, honesty, collaboration, effectiveness, purpose and celebration.
Read more about me here
Read my Code of Conduct here
Read my Principles of Investment and of Risk Management here
A first meeting usually lasts about 90 minutes. We become acquainted and confer about how we might work together on whatever project is live for you. If you find it valuable, I ask you to pay £50 for that session. If you decide I’m not the right person with whom to begin a long-term financial planning relationship, I won’t take umbrage.
After the meeting; in writing I offer my understanding of the project, and an explicit £p quotation of what I'd ask you to pay. Before coming to a decision about appointing me, I encourage people to compare my approach and cost with those of other IFAs.
- Since 1990 still some clients retain me; so inter-generational planning has become important.
- The internet supports self-managed investment, and I coach that.
- Exchange Traded Funds [ETF] became available to UK retail investors in 2004: I began specialising in them in 2007.
- New pension rules have given fresh relevance to small self-administered pension schemes [SSAS]: I bring them to the attention of family firms.
- With longevity still increasing, I promote financial planning for a 100-year life.